Sam and Amanda Hann
Status: Actively Raising Funds
We are so excited to announce that we are adopting! We are planning to adopt an infant from here in the United States (domestic adoption). We are currently in the middle of our adoption journey and have recently been matched with a birth mom in Mississippi. We want to bring you in on our journey early on to ask for your prayers and help. We know we definitely can’t do this alone and it will truly be by the grace of God.
From young ages we have both wanted to have a family and have had a heart for adoption. We have been trying to start a family since we got married and have struggled with infertility. After several unsuccessful fertility treatments we began to feel like the Lord was leading us to pursue adoption. We have been passionate about adoption even before our struggles with infertility, which is what makes this journey so exciting! We have been praying for our future birth mom and the sweet baby that we know God will provide us with from the very beginning. We believe in what the Bible says in James 1:27, to look after the widows and orphans. We are praying that the Lord will prepare us for this crazy journey and for us as future parents. The Lord has brought us to this place and we know that God will continue to provide us with exactly what we need.
Adoption is an amazing thing and it’s also a crazy expensive process! We would love to have your help in starting our family. We believe it takes a village! Below is a list of some of the fees we have to pay. The adoption agency and adoption law firm we are using told us to expect it to be around $30,000-$35,000.
- Application Fee- $275
- Background Check Services (assistance with getting 4 background checks)- $75
- Additional Out-of-State Colorado background check- $28
- Home Study Assessment for Indiana Residents Domestic Adoption- $975
- One Year Update- $575
- Coordination of Services Fee- $150
- Post-Placement Services Fee per visit/report- $350
- Other Fees: Travel reimbursement for mileage- ($.75 per mile) $189
Adoption Law Firm Fees:
- Attorney Fees- $17,500
- Pre- and Post-Placement Non-Itemized Expenses- $500
- Parent Finder Profile Creation Service- $700
- Birth Mother Living Expenses- $0 to $4,000
- Birth Mother Attorney Representation- $0 to $500
- Birth Mother Counseling- $0 to $2,000
- Misc. Out-of-Pocket Expenses for Birth Mother- $200 to $1,500
- Medicaid Application Assistance- $0 to $500
- Child Connect Post Adoption Update Service- $700
- Out of Office Expense- $0 to $1,300
- Medical Expenses for Mother and Baby- $0 to $10,000
We are happy to answer any questions you might have. Please be in prayer for us as we proceed.
Sam & Amanda Hann (and our future sweet baby)